Tahi Rua's Assembly!

We were very excited for our assembly in Tahi Rua! We practiced for weeks, making sure we knew the words to our songs and the actions for our dances. We all sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in Chinese, Korean and English while the girls did a beautiful fan dance. After that, the boys performed the haka with the help of some senior Kapa Haka members. The girls got to wear beautiful dresses and the boys wore piupiu and headbands. Everyone did such a great job and Mrs Yates and Mrs Lydiard were very proud. We had a lot of family members come to support us ... we were very lucky! Here are some photos of our assembly and some stories that we wrote about it as well.

I was so excited. My mum and my sister were watching. My mum was proud. The assembly was on Friday. I practiced a lot and I was shy. When I went on the stage all of the children and parents were looking at me. I was wearing a shiny flower dress. It was excellent. My assembly was fun. I did well.
Claire

I was excited. I was impressed. This was my first assembly.
I was a warrior. I had a speaking part. My mum and my dad were
there. I stood on the stage.
Wilson.

On Friday we did our assembly. I was excited. I think my dress
is beautiful. I saw my mum and I saw my grandma. Grandma saw
my assembly. 
An

On Friday it was Tahi Rua’s assembly. We had a pretty dress
and it is fun and we have headbands. We did a fan dance and
my sister came too and my Grandma came too and we sang a
song. My fan is pink and purple and blue and red. We got lots
of parents. The parents were excited. I was scared but now
I am not scared.
Joanna

I did the haka at my assembly. I felt brave at my assembly.
I liked the assembly. I did a great pukana face. Mum and dad
thought the haka was amazing. 
Jack

I did the haka for the assembly. I did a great pukana face.
I felt nervous.
Fletcher


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road Safety with Constable Lorena

Under the Sea!

Come on guys, get firewise!